Our first visit to the castle in over 20 years
I promise this is the end of our visit to Edinburgh. I had forgotten how big and imposing the castle is. Nothing much has changed in 20 years except they have added a very sympathetically built tea room (again no cream tea) and the entrance fee has risen astronomically!

I suspect these soldiers weren't even born the last time we visited. It's still a very imposing entrance they are guarding (with real guns)

What a clever boy. He walked all the way to the top without any artificial aids.

It looks very impressive but those cobbles were lethal in the rain

This is St Margaret's chapel within the walls of the castle.

Us outside St Margaret's chapel saying "that's very kind of you" but thinking is he going to run off with my new camera..............

You wouldn't dare attack this sort of fortification............

especially when the guns are this high up!!

Just showing off my artistic talents when composing photos. (but if you look at the middle right hand side you will see a carrier bag. There was a nutty old woman who was hell bent on appearing in every picture I took)
Well goodbye Edinburgh - Norfolk here we come - watch this space.......................

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home