A Night at the Oscars
On Saturday night 8 of us went to the Orwell Hotel for a Murder Mystery Evening. We dressed up in our finery and as we went through the doors I got pounced on to see if I was willing to "participate" in the proceedings. I don't know why they picked on me! I was to be Molly the gangster's moll from America. The scene was set at the home of a very wealthy, eccentric Lord and we were all to meet to read the will. Before we started we had to sign a book of condolence and it was ridiculous to see the amount of effort people went to to write something witty about someone who didn't even exist!
The whole evening was a cross between a Carry On film and Round the Horn eg the characters ranged from Doug Flowers the gardener to Elland Highwater the irreverent Vicar. We even had a visit from a travelling Mexican footballer named Juan Neal. While we were eating our meal we had to guess who had murdered the son ( who died quite spectacularly) and shot Nanny Goat the dead son's nanny(who had witnessed the murder)
Up to now it was all going swimmingly until they announced that each table had to guess who had "dunnit" and come up to the front and prepare their answer in the form of a song. All of our table sat back expecting that as I had already taken part I would naturally have to do it. You should have seen BM's face when the said it had to be the whole table. He tried to slope of to the loo 7 times! However we did manage it but we didn't win as we were way off beam with our choice of murderer.
The winning team were duly presented with their bottles of prize wine and we all started to get ready to leave when they announced another prize - to the best acting performance.........................................................................................................................................
Guess who won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a lovely plastic "Oscar" (who is stuck onto his plinth with blutak) and a certificate to prove my contribution to the acting fraternity.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home